Section 106 or Planning Obligations are legal agreements between developers and the local council. They release funding to deliver projects within the local area and are designed to “ease the impact of a new development on the local community”.

Milton Keynes Council’s S106 is explained on this link: Planning Obligations and Section 106 Explained - Milton Keynes Council (milton-keynes.gov.uk)

Milton Keynes PFM - S106 (exacom.co.uk)

There are very strict and precise areas of spend that have been agreed between the developer and MKC, for example, Olney’s children may benefit from Milton Keynes College and University, therefore, the allocated funds will go directly to the college or university, likewise, Olney Town Council will not have sight of the Health Facilities fund, but our residents will benefit from it.

Olney Town Council then applies for the funds to be spent according to this agreement.

Residents and Groups are encouraged to apply for appropriate finds, which OTC will be consulted on. If you would like Olney Town Council to apply for S106 funding for your group or organisation, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Tel: (01234) 711679
Town Clerk: Jane Brushwood
Deputy Town Clerk: Rob Mungham
Admin Assistant: Laura Watts

The Olney Centre
High Street,
MK46 4EF

Tel: 01234 711679

Office hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm.

The Olney Centre is a licensed venue for weddings. Rooms are also available for hire at The Olney Centre. If you wish to enquire about hiring a room or holding your wedding ceremony or reception at the venue please call the office on 01234 711679, email enquiries@olneytowncouncil.gov.uk or complete and submit the online enquiry form.

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.